Me and my mom lived on the street.
我和媽媽居住的地方臨著馬路。

I loved to pick flowers.
我喜歡采花兒。

One day I was walking to the retail store
一天我步行去零售店

and I saw a a bright blue flower with a little purple.
我看到一朵花兒,花瓣是純凈的藍色,還帶一點點紫色

So as I always do, I picked it.
一如往常,我摘下了這朵花

I went home and showed it to my mom.
我回家,把它給媽媽看

That night I slept with the flower
那天晚上,我把那朵花放在床頭陪我入眠

because it gave me this good feeling inside.
因為它讓我內心感受到了美好

I always wished before bed
入睡前我總會許愿

that one day we would live in a nice big family house,
希望有一天,我們會住在好看的大房子里

my mom would find a dad,
希望我媽媽給我找個新爸爸

we would have a dog, 2 nice cars, a little sister,
希望家里有一只小狗,有兩年私家車,還有一個小妹妹

and that we would have a good amount of money.
希望我們會有一大筆錢

That night when I wished, the flower lit up into a very bright light.
那天晚上,我許完愿的時候,那朵花突然開始發光,變成了一個明亮的光團

The next day i went to my mom crying.
第二天,我聽到媽媽在哭泣,趕忙跑過去

I asked her what was wrong and she said nothing,
我問她發生了什么事,她說沒什么

she just got a paycheck and it is worth 300,000 dollars.
她剛收到一份工資支票,30萬美元!

That's enough to buy a house I thought.
這么多錢,夠買一幢大房子了吧,我想

Then I of the flower.
然后我想到了那朵花兒

It had to be.
一定是因為它

Three weeks later we moved in to a big house
三個星期后,我們搬到了一所大房子里

and we had a little .
我們還養了一只可卡布犬

I kept the flower in a vase on my desk just in case.
我把那朵花放進花瓶,就擺在我的書桌上,以備日后之需